- US Preventive Medicine
- Optum Rx Discount Card
- Willis Towers Watson’s Individual Marketplace
- NLA Advantage - Medical Stop Loss
- Optum Healthcare
- Epic Hearing Healthcare
- Best Doctors
- Pharmacy Outcomes Specialists
Preventive Medicine: The Solution for Today’s Broken Health Care System
Today’s health care costs in the United States are a consequence of poor health. Poor health has cost consequences to organizations, industry and our economy. The impact of poor health on employers includes not only the medical and pharmacy costs but also costs from productivity losses. “As of 2012, 117 million Americans have one or more chronic illnesses, which account for 75% of all health care costs and 70% of deaths in the United States.”1,2
However, there is a light at the end of the health care cost crisis tunnel, and that is PREVENTION. In fact, 96% of all Medicare expenditures are spent on chronic conditions that have lifestyle health risk factors.3 The U.S. health care system is shifting with prevention and population health management at the epicenter of the transformation.
The Preventive Plan® Wellness Program
U.S. Preventive Medicine (USPM) is a leader in population health management with The Preventive Plan® wellness program that combines an innovative wellness platform with health coaching and care management resulting in validated outcomes that achieve better health while delivering lower healthcare costs.
While technology solutions are critical to drive engagement and usability, technology alone is not enough to create sustainable behavioral change. USPM strongly believes that human interaction is important to drive behavioral change that results in positive outcomes. USPM employs health coaches and registered nurse care managers to engage and empower individuals to succeed on their journey of health and wellbeing. True engagement, member satisfaction, and results come from a holistic and evidenced-based approach.
Results Speak Louder Than Words
USPM stands alone in the wellness industry as the first and only wellness company to be validated by the Intel-GE Care Innovations® Validation Institute for achieving a sustained reduction in hospitalizations and emergency room visits for asthma, cardiac events, COPD, congestive heart failure and diabetes.4
USPM’s unique differentiator is not only our formula for reducing wellness-sensitive medical events, but also the cleanliness and transparency of how we measure results. USPM is accredited by NCQA Wellness & Health Promotion with Performance Reporting.
Additionally, USPM published a study in the March 2013 issue of Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine which evaluated the impact of USPM’s Preventive Plan on health risks in 7,804 individuals across 15 employers who engaged in the Plan for two years. The study revealed reduction from high risk in all 15 health risk factors measured with a few of the notable findings:5
- 81% blood pressure
- 79% improved physical activity
- 64% reduced stress
- 61% reported fewer health-related sick days
- 58% lowered cholesterol
It’s no doubt what the power of prevention can do for an individual’s wellbeing. At USPM, we have seen individuals lose weight, come off their medications, lower numerous health risks, and some even reverse their chronic conditions. Treating the individual’s wellbeing holistically is the key in transforming healthcare. Our passion for better health and mission of More Good Years® is what drives us to ensure we address the whole person and their health needs by taking into account the physical, mental and emotional, social, occupational and financial concerns.
Partnership for Prevention
USPM has partnered with Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute (CCWI) in a collaborative effort to deliver the solution to many of the healthcare challenges employers and individuals are facing today. Our population health management solution empowers individuals and organizations to enjoy better health, better healthcare and better value while lowering medical costs.
Together, USPM and CCWI focus on behavior modification to ensure sustainable and long lasting change in many areas including food choices, physical activity, stress, weight loss, tobacco cessation, chronic care management, and more. Influencing individuals to become mindful of their choices and providing the support needed to achieve their health goals is made easier through access to our innovative and intuitive, mobile-friendly member platform which includes:
- Personalized Preventive Plan based on age, gender and health risks
- Health log for tracking nutrition and healthy habits
- Competitive challenges to drive participation
- Ability to sync over 100 wearable devices and applications
- And much more!
Contact us today and start experiencing the proven results that can help your organization save big by lowering medical costs while empowering your employees to reclaim their health.
Call 866.665.0096 or visit www.USPM.com to learn more.
To learn more about our outcomes, visit
Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
- Shin-Yi Wu and Anthony Green, Projection of Chronic Illness Prevalence and Cost In ation (Santa Monica, CA: RAND Health, 2000).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Chronic Disease Overview,” 2016. http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/overview.htm
- Partnership for Solutions, Chronic Conditions: Making the Case for Ongoing Care (Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2004).
- July 2015, http://www.validationinstitute.com/validated-organizations/
- Loeppke, R; Edington, D; Bender, J; Reynolds, A. “The Association of Technology in a Workplace Wellness Program with Health Risk Factor Reduction” Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 55: 259-264. March, 2013.
Save 10%-85% off of your prescription instantly with the Optum Rx Discount Card.Print Your Card
- Fourth Quarter 2018 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2017 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2016 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2015 Newsletter
- Third Quarter 2014 Newsletter
- Third Quarter 2013 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2012 Newsletter
- U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Reform
- IFEBP Benefit Magazine June 2012 – Executive Director Rubbelke Interview
- First Quarter 2012 Newsletter