- US Preventive Medicine
- Optum Rx Discount Card
- Willis Towers Watson’s Individual Marketplace
- NLA Advantage - Medical Stop Loss
- Optum Healthcare
- Epic Hearing Healthcare
- Best Doctors/Teladoc
- Pharmacy Outcomes Specialists
Facing a medical challenge can be stressful enough without worrying whether you have the right diagnosis or the most effective treatment—especially when you consider that, according to the Institute of Medicine, it is likely that most of us will experience at least one diagnostic error in our lifetime. Which is why many are taking advantage of world-class medical expertise and offering Best Doctors as a benefit. To members and their dependents the service is entirely free, voluntary, confidential and independent of the Plan and the carrier.
With Best Doctors, the world’s top physicians review the medical cases of members and their families as well as provide other support services to resolve any level of medical uncertainty a member may have. . Members have immediate access to our database of more than 53,000 expert physicians in over 450 specialties and subspecialties. As a result, they make better informed health care decisions while plan sponsors decrease their medical costs.
A High-Value Benefit that Saves Dollars and Lives
- Gives members access to the top medical minds in the world to ensure they have the right diagnosis and right treatment plan
- Delivers superior clinical outcomes. We find that in the cases we review for our clients there is:
- A 75% modification in treatment
- A 37% modification in diagnosis
- 38% of surgeries are not needed now or ever.
- Helps to create more active, engaged health care consumers
- Helps members on high-deductible health plans determine if they are paying for the right treatment
- Impacts high cost claims and complex cases
- Clinically integrates its services with other vendors to ensure members are enrolled in the appropriate programs that are offered outside of Best Doctors
- Decreases the risks and costs associated with misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment, needless surgeries, and unnecessary drugs, doctors’ visits and hospital stays.
Time and again, our clients report that Best Doctors more than pays for itself. Plan sponsors save not only dollars but also lives. Which is why we now serve more than 35 million members in 100 countries across virtually all industries.
For more information, contact:
Charles Gustafson, VP of Business Development
Meredith Foss, VP of Business Development
What we do
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, helping millions of people resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. We have unified the combined capabilities and global market presence of our award-winning consumer experience brands –– Advance Medical, Best Doctors, BetterHelp, HealthiestYou, and Teladoc –– to create the only comprehensive virtual care solution capable of serving organizations and people everywhere. We seamlessly connect general medical, mental health, and complex care to deliver convenience, outcomes, and value for our members.
- Integrated Virtual Care With dozens of clinical services delivered through an integrated platform, we provide a full spectrum of virtual care capabilities. Teladoc Health serves as a convenient “front door” that connects members to the healthcare they need—from on-demand visits with a licensed doctor to complex case consultations with the world’s top specialists.
- Telehealth Members can resolve healthcare needs through on-demand or scheduled visits with licensed doctors spanning multiple specialties. After a visit, 92 percent of patients reported resolution, demonstrating convenience, outcomes, and value for members and plan sponsors alike.
- Mental Health Our mental health services range from ongoing visits with a mental healthcare specialist to expert medical opinions for complex cases. More than 33 million sessions completed by our licensed therapists, psychologists, and counselors, Teladoc Health has helped people receive guidance, support, and relief.
- Expert Medical Services Expert specialists, matched to the unique needs of each case, review medical records, pathologies, and test results to confirm the accuracy of diagnoses and treatment plans. Insurers and employers gain confidence that members are on the right path to better health outcomes and lower costs.
Scalable, Secure Platform
We have invested in technology and staffing to support in-house end-to-end operations in locations around the world.
- Over 8,000 visits supported on our busiest day
- 24/7/365 in-house operations
With an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality care, we deploy stringent virtual care protocols and clinical quality assurance programs.
- More than 50,000 expert specialists
- 100+ virtual care clinical practice guidelines
Unique Engagement Engine
Our award-winning member experience and analytics-driven engagement services deliver industry-leading utilization and satisfaction, accelerating the adoption of virtual care.
- 3X higher registration rates
- 5X utilization over industry average
Tell us about your organizations needs today.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Business Development
Save 10%-85% off of your prescription instantly with the Optum Rx Discount Card.Print Your Card
- Fourth Quarter 2018 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2017 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2016 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2015 Newsletter
- Third Quarter 2014 Newsletter
- Third Quarter 2013 Newsletter
- Fourth Quarter 2012 Newsletter
- U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Reform
- IFEBP Benefit Magazine June 2012 – Executive Director Rubbelke Interview
- First Quarter 2012 Newsletter